12/31/2009

A blog in review

Here is a list of posts from 2009 that I'm especially proud of:

I started The Audacity of Rock series mostly to show that new rock and old rock are equally ridiculous. The posts themselves are pretty ridiculous, but they give me an excuse to bum around the internet for an hour and find good musical matches. Anyway, you can look at all 34 parts (so far?) here.

January
  • Sylvia Scarlett is a really random movie, that I think is best remembered through pictures.
  • I love that the post that got the most traffic this year was my Buffy vs. Twilight one. For such a short post, it got a lot of comments both from haters and lovers. Seriously, go read the comments.
  • A Medley of the Day of creepy songs about teenage girls.
February
March
April
May
June
July
  • A Scorsese film I liked! Taxi Driver.
  • I really enjoyed my week-long Shyamalanathon 2009 series. While M. Night Shyamalan may need the wake-up call George Lucas never got, I hope people reconsider writing him off altogether. Here are my reviews of
  1. The Sixth Sense,
  2. Unbreakable,
  3. Signs (a vlog with quiet sound!),
  4. The Village,
  5. Lady in the Water,
  6. The Happening,
  7. and the lovely music by James Newton Howard.
August
September
  • A look at 1980's Raging Bull and The Elephant Man.
  • Prostitutes in musicals = great songs.
  • So I was really bored waiting for school to start and unofficially started a Shakespeare-athon, mostly based on watching all of the Shakespeare-Retold versions:
  1. The Taming of the Shrew
  2. Macbeth
  3. A Midsummer Night's Dream
  4. Much Ado About Nothing
October
November
December

No comments:

Post a Comment