4/27/2010

Everyone covers Dylan: "It Ain't Me Babe"

This weeks Dylan adventure, 1964's "It Ain't Me Babe" from Another Side of Bob Dylan. This song seems to change meaning with every cover.

Dylan himself from a delete scene from Don't Look Back (released 1967):


Have you ever run after a celebrity?


1. The Turtles with their fun-loving 1965 pop cover.


When did the vocal style in the "no, no, no" part go out of style?


2. I kind of always want to punch Joan Baez in the face, but I have to admit that I like the melancholy tone of her cover as performed in 1965.


Douchiest introduction to a song ever?


3. Johnny Cash and June Carter originally recorded a version in 1965. Here they are performing their flirtatious version live.


Where can I get June's dress?


4. From a 2009 BBC Session with Fleet Foxes, Robin Pecknold soloing a straight forward cover:

I just found out this guy is basically the same age as me. That's all.


5. Silvertide's generic '00s rock cover that appeared in the Lady in the Water (2006) soundtrack:




And just because it made me love them despite their pretentiousness, a wacky version with both Bob Dylan and Joan Baez!

No comments:

Post a Comment