2/25/2010

100 Favorite Songs: 51-55

I can't come up with a cohesive or funny statement about this section other than all the songs are awesome.

51. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell (1967)

Best duet ever? Probably.


Plus, these two were adorable performing together.


52. “Why Georgia” by John Mayer (2003)

I like to associate this song with driving around in a Volvo when I first got my license. I like to disassociate this song with John Mayer in real life.


I also can't stand looking at his face when he sings, so here are some lyrics.


53. “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel (1986)

I love the mood and rhythm of this song; it's incredibly romantic without being saccharine. I think I just love earthy '80s songs.

Here he is performing the song with Youssou N'Dour:


I love everything about this performance. Everything.


54. “Young Lust” by Pink Floyd (1979)

I think I meant to choose a second Pink Floyd song from another album besides The Wall, but too bad. I just love David Gilmour too much.


"Oooo, I need a dirty woman." So fun to sing.


55. “Another Night” by Real McCoy (1993)

Dance parties of my childhood were filled with the sounds of Real McCoy in tape cassette single form.


It just never gets old.

1 comment:

  1. I love "Why, Georgia" -- it's my favorite song to start an early morning solo road trip to.

    Too bad John Mayer is such a tool. He really is a great musician.

    ReplyDelete