2/08/2010

100 Favorite Songs: 26-30

Love gone wrong in the '60s and '70s

26. "Silver Springs" by Fleetwood Mac (1977)

"Silver Springs" didn't make it into the original cut of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, but it just may be my favorite song on the (rereleased version) album. It's a beautiful piece of music with a cathartic "we would have been awesome together, idiot" message.

Personally, I'm not a fan of knickers, even though I'm a fan of period drama.


27. "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin (1973)

I only let myself pick 2 songs per artist, so "Over the Hills and Far Away" is the last for Led Zep on this list. What can I say? I can't resist the soft beginning/rockin' chorus combo.

I can never get over how goofy Jimmy Page looks.


28. "Walk on By" by Dionne Warwick (1964)

I love Burt Bacharach.

My mom has some great Dionne Warwick was a total diva stories from 1970s BYU.


29. "Hello Darlin'" by Conway Twitty (1970)

When you're on the losing end of the break-up.

Where can I get that sequin guitar strap, please?


30. "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel (1970)

This song has been stuck in my head since my 5th grade obsession with Bridge Over Troubled Water, and it hasn't gotten less awesome.

Can anyone tell me what painting this is? I just chose this video because it had good audio.

4 comments:

  1. It's a Da Vinci painting of a chick named Cecilia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecilia_Gallerani
    (that may be the first time my year of majoring in humanities has proven useful)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burt Bacharach is indeed amazing. I've always loved Dionne's version even if I have a soft spot for Cyndi Lauper's cover. Hahaha those stories must be awesome to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cecilia. I still remember a companion who whined if I listened to the acoustic version of it, because I had the words memorized.

    ReplyDelete