10/01/2009

The thing about Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)...

...is that it was just as funny to me as other (non-comedy) old movies. In fact, I might say I laughed less at Kind Hearts and Coronets because I knew this was a comedy, so I wasn't sure which parts were intentional funny or just old movie funny. Does that make sense? Anyway, I enjoy a good dark comedy, so I deeply enjoyed this film, despite my confusion.

Alec Guinness and Alec Guinness: this is the way to play multiple characters in one movie.

2 comments:

  1. I think most classic movies are not intentionally funny. It just seems funny to us because of the way films are written and made in the old way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy watching classic movies. I don’t know it never fails to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete