1/17/2009

Medley of the Day: songs of my childhood

My taste in music isn't very divorced from the music I was raised on. Mellow pop-rock with a good dose of the blues/folk influence. It's the kind of music that makes me feel like I'm driving to a soccer game on a Saturday morning with my dad. Anyway, I'm feeling a little reminiscent.

1. First, the awesome Bonnie Raitt "Nick of Time". You've got to love a woman with an alto range and guitar chops.

2. Then, you have to love the awesomely sloppy vocals of Van Morrison with "Russian Roulett". My favorite is his use of the horn section and a wicked good backup singer. And somehow, you still focus on his voice.

3. Last, the always great James Taylor and his backup singers with "Shed a Little Light." Anything that has fantastic harmonizing vocals always makes me glad.


No comments:

Post a Comment