|This picture of Tony Lucca and Carson Daly is incredibly awkward. The end.|
First point, I think we can all agree Florence + the Machine is a vast improvement on musical guests this season.
Saved: Tony Lucca (I am pleased with this choice.)
Up for elimination: Katrina Parker and Mathai
- Mathai sings Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova." Real talk: I love this song. It's an interesting choice for Mathai. I don't hate it, but I'm not a big fan of her affectations.
- Katrina sings Pink's absolutely awful "Perfect." Her voice sounds good. I also like how glammed out this girl is. This song is boring, but she should stay in the competition.
Adam chooses Katrina to stay in the competition after rambling on for a really long time. This is why my Pinterest account gets so much use. I think he made a good decision. Katrina is a class act. Mathai needs to polish up a little more.
Team Cee Lo:
Saved: Jamar Rogers (I'll accept it.)
Up for elimination: Juliet Simms and Cheesa
- Cheesa sings "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson. Can someone please sing something that I don't loathe? Anyway, Cheesa sounds okay, but she's a little flat and isn't really selling the song to me.
- Juliet Simms sings Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn." Yep, I hate this song, too. It's fun to hear Juliet sing something so girly and she sounds spectacular. Her gritty voice makes the song much more meaningful than it usually does. I also like that she can control her voice enough to yell at the audience a little bit.
Cee Lo preaches some weird crap. The credits Wrap-It-Up-Box him, and he chooses Juliet. Well chosen, sir. This has turned out a lot better than last week's embarrassment.
1. Christina gives terrible advice to Juliet. Singing loud all the time isn't a thing that works. Not even for her. That's some ANTM-level non-critique.