Team Blake is up for eliminations first.
Saved: Erin Willett (yay!), Jermaine Paul (even with a crappy song!), and RaeLynn (seriously?)
In danger: Naia Kete, Charlotte Sometimes, and Jordis Unga
Performances for Team Blake:
- Naia Kete sings "If I Were a Boy" by Beyonce. Her lower range is sketchy, and she's flat on the higher notes. It's a little painful.
- Charlotte Sometimes sings "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. Well, this is a Debbie Downer/Alanis Morrisette version of this song. At least she's on-pitch.
- Jordis Unga sings "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones. Or the Sundays, if you're feeling like bringing back the 90s. 2 lines in, she's already owned the other two up for elimination from team Blake. This is a beautiful rendition of this song.
BLAKE GOES WITH JORDIS AND THE WORLD REJOICE FOR A GOOD DECISION. Ahem. Sorry. After he kept RaeLynn in the Battle Rounds, I was afraid for him.
Team Christina is up for eliminations next.
Saved: Jesse Campbell (cool!), Lindsey Pavao (is it because she looks like Kristin Stewart, complete with lack of charisma and shifty eyes?), Chris Mann (I'll allow it.)
In Danger: Moses Stone, Sera Hill, and Ashley De La Rosa
- Ashley De La Rosa sings "Paris Ooh La La" by Grace Potter. Ashley is adorable and is owning the sassiness of this song. Her voice sounds great in gritty rock mode and she works the crowd.
- Sera Hill sings "Vision of Love" by Mariah Carey. This is a fairly straight forward performance of this song that sounds nice, but it's not really holding my interest.
- Moses Stone performs "Break Even (Falling to Pieces)" by The Script. Love this song despite myself. He sounds alright, except on the bridge, but his singing voices isn't that strong. At least he manages to hold my attention.
I have to say, this elimination episode was much less painful than I thought it was going to be. If they make the musical performances at the beginning more interesting, they'll have my approval.
1. Blake Shelton is so down-home and awesome. Love.
2. Of course Team Christina has to be on Leno's show. Lame.
3. What the orange top is Christina wearing? At least her hair still looks good.
4. Cee Lo looks like Bowser with his red, studded, leather jacket.