11/19/2009

The Audacity of Rock: Part 34

FIRE!

While I do have a propensity for the pyrotechnic, fire doesn't always make for good lyrics. Or maybe they really are the best lyrics...

"Love is Alive" by Gary Wright (1975)

This may be my favorite thing I've found all year on the YouTubes. Multiple keytars, a satin-only band dress code, and so much love given to the greatest of all percussion instruments: the cowbell. I had no idea Gary Wright has much more to offer than "Dream Weaver." So what was I talking about? Oh, fire. His heart is on fire. That doesn't sound healthy. You might want to see a cardiologist. Or House. A burning chest could mean anything.




"Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon (2008)

So it kind of sounds like they're singing about a scorching case of herpes, but is this not the most fun song to sing loudly in your car? I think the answer is no. Because it is fun. To sing "Sex on Fire." In the car. Loudly.



Questions:

1. What's the weirdest thing you've melted/set on fire?
2. What's your favorite fire-themed song?

No comments:

Post a Comment