4/11/2009

Tear Jerkiest Moment of the Day: Baseball edition

I caught the last half of A League of their Own (1992) and I couldn't stop crying. Something about baseball and sisters and women doing awesome things and how it's a shame there isn't more women in professional sports. Not to mention I can't help it when older characters reflect on the good old days that we got to experience through the film.

Mostly, I forgot how much I love this movie.


I cried during this rendition and the one they sing while touring the exhibit celebrating the AAGPBL at the end.

4 comments:

  1. Another movie I NEED to own! This was one of my absolute favorite movies growing up and the beginning of my hetero-girl-crush on Geena Davis. I just love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, for some reason, this movie is totally one of my favorites that I've never owned. That, and "Heart and Soul". No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this movie more times than I have heard my name mispronounced or heard my name answered with "polo." It is a classic of early nineties Geena Davis-Tom Hanks-WWII Home front-Bill Pullman is in Everything proportions. Faaabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. There's no crying in baseball.

    ReplyDelete