3/18/2010

100 Favorite Songs: 81-85

The one with the surprise ending.


81. “Don’t Go Breakin’ My Heart” by Elton John and Kiki Dee (1976)

I can't resist a fabulous duet.


Best or worst promotional video ever?


82. “Sweet Baby James” by James Taylor (1970)

Written for James Taylor's nephew James, this song is a perfect lullaby.


Incredibly weird to see him so young.


83. “Cocaine Blues” by Johnny Cash (1968) (written by T.J. "Red" Arnall in 1947)

I think this would be the perfect campfire song.


It's just so fun to sing along to, really.


84. “Baby I Love Your Way” by Peter Frampton (1975)

Yes. Peter Frampton. It's a good song, okay?

And at least I didn't choose this version.


Also, wikipedia tells me it was written by Bob Marley so...face.


85. “Fast Cars and Freedom” by Rascal Flatts (2005)

Once again outing myself as a lover of cheesy cheesy songs. I cannot resist a good pop song, even if it's got a splash or 12 of country.


You have to admit these fellas sound good live.

No comments:

Post a Comment