Dear Past Kelsy,
What a great selection of songs. You have great taste!
61. “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)” by Billy Joel (1977)
ack ACK ACK ACK!!!! Right?
This just looks fun.
62. “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” by The Smashing Pumpkins (1995)
The drums and bassline on this song--great.
Is there anything cooler than a female bassist?
63. “We Work the Black Seam” by Sting (1985)
This song is strangely addictive with its blend of social consciousness and inaccurate science.
A fun practice/live version.
64. “Sunday Bloody Sunday” by U2 (1983)
Also known as the only U2 song I like. It's pretty powerful stuff, helped by the fact that Bono hadn't become the pretentious message-bearer he's become today.
The black and white style makes this even more timeless.
65. “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys (1966)
The Beach Boys not singing about surfing is my favorite. When they use their powers of sweet harmonies for a gorgeous singles like this, perfection.
Mmmm, lip synching.