7/27/2009

Some inappropriate crushes

After rewatching and refalling in love with William Powell in My Man Godfrey, I was reminded that my deep attraction to him might be inappropriate. Certainly he's middle-aged, and certainly he doesn't have an overt love of young women, so I'll classify my crush on him as mostly inappropriate.

But I find myself mildly to really attracted to inappropriate characters all the time. From the top of my head, here are some more:

1. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) from Heroes.

So serial killer with both mommy and daddy issues. Probably not the best pick for a person to fall in love with. Whatever. His Gabriel Gray look is adorable.


2. Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez (Mike Vitar) in The Sandlot.

(fanastic picture with pink border: via)

I only feel awkward about this because Mike Vitar was 15 when this movie was made, making him 7 years younger than I am now. But baseball shirts and bravery are eternally irresistible.


3. Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) in How I Met Your Mother.

He's pretty gross.


4. Henry Crawford (Alessandro Nivola) from Mansfield Park.

At least he's funny and reads well, despite his rakish decisions later in the film.


5. Greg House (Hugh Laurie) in House.

I know this isn't an original sentiment, but House is old enough to be my dad. Also, Hugh Laurie is an absolute goofball in pretty much every other role. Amazing what scruff and caustic insults can do for a guy.


6. Eugene "Doc" Roe (Shane Taylor) in Band of Brothers.

Awesome medic with a great accent. Although I'm pretty sure the purpose of this miniseries wasn't for me to lust after him.


7. Tom Riddle (Christian Coulson) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Sorry, but proto-Voldemort is hot in a clean-cut schoolboy sort of way.

Alright, I'm officially creepy.

4 comments:

  1. Funny story. I did that thing this morning where I wake up and don't think I can go back to sleep, so I got through some more Harry Potter (still on book five) and was at the part with Gilderoy Lockhart in the hospital when I paused and decided to rewatch My Man Godfrey. I then fell asleep and dreamt about William Powell, whose name was Gilderoy in my dream, but everyone kept calling him Godfrey. It was obnoxious. Oh, and I also dreamt I was engaged to someone I did NOT want to marry.

    Also, Christian Coulson is a dreamboat, end of story. Remind me to buy The Forsyte Saga. Pretty sure he's in it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had such delightful dreams. I usually forget my dreams unless they're especially violent (go figure).

    But more importantly, I've only seen maybe an episode of the Forstye Saga, but if Christian Coulson is in it (as well as everyone ever), I need to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. christian coulson is like the main reason i've been watching the harry potter movies. i was so disappointed it wasn't him playing tom riddle in the new movie.

    ReplyDelete