7/28/2009

The Audacity of Rock: Part 20

Boys and girls together.

It's too bad there aren't more bands that have guys and girls together because I love the combination of male and female voices (one million points for country music). Unfortunately, they don't have the best track record.

"The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac (1977)

This band had it's share of issues, letting a girlfriend into the band. But you can't tell me the beginning of this song isn't magic thanks to some mixed-sex harmonies.

Feel free to sing along in Japanese.



"I Know What I Am" by Band of Skulls (2009)

I like that Russell Marsden and Emma Richardson take turns singing the verses. They have similar delivery, but there's still a difference in timbre that makes the song much more interesting than just one singer. Also, got to love a low range in a lady.





Questions to ponder:


1. Are guy/girl bands always a bad idea?

2. Is it okay to love Fleetwood Mac?

1 comment:

  1. I loved the White Stripes, they were just a guy and a girl.

    ReplyDelete