7/03/2009

Happy Birthday, America

I'll be celebrating my Fourth of July by covering 2 shifts! What's a better way to express my patriotism by working retail which every day proves the economic downturn?

At least I bought some sparklers to express myself the true American way: with pyrotechnics.

So, for the awesome in your holiday, here's Johnny Cash reciting "I Am the Nation":



And here's my personal favorite song that includes the word "America" a lot as performed by the lovely and talented Hugh Laurie on A Bit of Fry and Laurie. Also, Stephen Fry makes an appearance:



Go barbecue or blow something up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yesssssss. haha You know what makes me happy about not going to a big fireworks show this year? NOT hearing the song, "I'm Proud to be an American." I'm not saying I hate my nation, but GOOD GOD, do I hate that song.

    ReplyDelete