8/06/2009

Medley of the Day: Moving away from Utah edition

I have a love/hate relationship with Utah. I came down here for school, and I don't regret it at all, but it's such a weird culture. A little too Mormon for my taste (I consider myself a moderate-liberal Mormon, if you can work with that). Anyway, I'm moving up to Seattle for grad school, and I'll be traveling back the Washington (my home state) this weekend. So, in honor of my journey, here's an extended playlist. Read into the song choices whatever you want.



1. "Place in this World" by Michael W. Smith. Oh yes, I went there. I can't not sing along to this song.

2. "Gonna Move" by Susan Tedeschi. This is a good story set to some bluesy awesomeness.

3. "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Always appropriate.

4. "Funky Town" by Lipps, Inc. It's about movin'. To Funky Town.

5. "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. Because every mix deserves a power ballad.

6. "Journey to the Past" from Anastasia. So cheesy, so perfect.

7. "500 Miles" by the Proclaimers. I'm just sad Ted and Marshall won't be in my car singing and playing Zitch Dog with me. It's going to be a long trip.

8. "Never Going Back Again" by Fleetwood Mac. I've been on a Rumours kick lately.

9. "I Feel Bad" by Rascal Flatts. Country power ballad. Just embrace it and listen to the end of the chorus.

10. "I'm Free" by the Who. I like to think of Roger Daltrey running along the beach a la the film adaptation of Tommy.

11. "Handbags and Gladrags" by Stereophonics. This song (no matter what the version) will always remind me that it's the end of a painful/bizarre day.

5 comments:

  1. Did I already mention that I'm (we're--since I'm a family package now) moving to Seattle next week? You should so come see us! Where are you headed for grad school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bret: "Rumours."
    Murray: "No, all true."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utah is losing a dazzling cultural ambassador and Washington state is gaining an IPod whose playlist is an embarrassment of riches.

    ReplyDelete