8/06/2012

Nostalgic for Jennifer Lopez

I think it's to forget that Jennifer Lopez and her music were pervasive in the late 90s/early 2000s. At least for me, but lately I've been hearing her music everywhere, and I know every word, and I don't even hate these songs. None of them are mindblowingly well written or even particularly well sung, but they are earwormingly competent, and sometimes that's enough.

Here are 5 of her catchiest songs:

1. "If You Had My Love" (1999)


Yay, voyeurism?

2. "Waiting for Tonight" (1999)


Jennifer Lopez is really pretty, y'all.

3. "Love Don't Cost A Thing" (2000)


I will always associate this song with a terrible jazz routine at dance camp. Also, LOL cornrows.

4. "I'm Real" featuring Ja Rule (2001)


The combination of velour and Ja Rule makes me feel really old right now.

5. "Jenny From the Block" (2002)


Remember Bennifer Part 1?

2 comments:

  1. Oh maaaan I wish you were coming to our 90s themed show now....no reason *wink wink* I totally had her "On the 6" album.

    ReplyDelete