1/12/2011

Medley of the Day: Prom edition

Mostly because these indifferentiable songs seem to only appear in shows/movies that involve the big school dance--which is further proof that the media is far removed from the truth. No one's high school played songs like this. You can't freak dance to this mellowness.

"Fade into You" by Mazzy Star (1994)
Appeared in Angus (which, PS, is a terrible movie about a high school outcast learning self-confidence. It was almost unwatchable, and this is coming from someone who voluntarily sat through Lucas the other day) and the Gilmore Girls episode "Rory's Dance."



"Wild Horses" by The Sundays (1992)
Appeared in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "The Prom," also known as the end of the glory days of Buffy.

5 comments:

  1. Because I love to argue with you on your blog, I feel the need to tell you that Angus was brilliant.

    Though my thoughts on the matter might be skewed a bit since I was a fat kid in high school who had a short red headed sidekick with big ears that later went on to be the Sherminator in the American Pie movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to argue with this as well.

    As my soon-to-be rock solid "hip-hop abs" and former krumper(sp?) of a husband will tell you--you can grind to anything. ANYTHING.

    hahaha... love you! And please add The Cardigans "Erase-Rewind", which played during Never Been Kissed to the list? It's my favorite "who-played-this-song-at-prom??" song.


    And can I tell you how devastated I was to not have a prom experience like "She's All That"--where were my choreographed dance moves?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love the Sunday's Wild Horses. Thanks, no I'm going to hit the replay button uncontrollably for like 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too Mazzy Star. Now I have to watch Angus

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mazzy Star cover of Wild Horses was also all kinds of pretty wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete