10/08/2008

Medley of the Day: Let's folk it out Edition

First up is a song from one of my favorite pandora.com finds: The Wailin' Jennys. They performed the song "Swallow" at the 2006 Pickathon Roots Music Festival in Portland, OR (shout out). Unsurprisingly, they sound awesome live. Favorite lyric: "Now come connect the dot me":



Let's get some Led Zeppelin in here with "Gallows Pole". According to the YouTube description this is "A 'Tribute' to the legend Jimmy Page!!" Yes a "tribute".



Okay, here's another Pandora find, "Too Easy" by Catherine MacLellan. I wish I could pull off that hair. Or have her voice. Really, I just think she's cool. Also, she's from Prince Edward Island = Anne of Green Gables = Gilbert Blythe = the love of my fictional character-filled life.



I'm going to include a Beatles song, "Mother Nature's Son", because I can. It's vaguely folky, with a nice dose of horn. Enjoy the random pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment