Hope you're recovered from Halloween. I, myself, got wild by eating leftovers and watching TV with my boyfriend. Now that I'm back to full strength (boredom?), let's look at this week's Billboard Hot 100 top 10.
10. "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
I'm pretty sure I speak for the nation when I say, "Over it."
9. "Make Me Proud" by Drake featuring Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj proves once again she's better as a featured artist on a song than a solo act. Also, college is hot.
8. "You Make Me Feel..." by Cobra Starship featuring Sabi
I'll keep this song around. It's a pretty solid choice for shameless dance parties.
7. "Without You" by David Guetta featuring Usher
If Ugly Betty was still on, this would have been used in the final montage of every episode.
6. "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine
Okay, just stop playing this song. Thx.
5. "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
You'd think a month would be long enough to have more of a shake-up on the Billboard list than it has been. Anyway, I'm also over this song.
4. "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO
Ugh, this song also is still existing. At least I can say I never liked it in the first place.
3. "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera
There may have been a sibling sing-along to this song last weekend. Deal with it.
2. "We Found Love" by Rihanna
There's nothing to this song. It's the same 3 chords on a keyboard over and over, the same melody over and over with no bridge or chorus, the beat only occasionally changes or drops out, and obnoxious siren-y sounds show up sometimes. But I also can't stop listening to this sing. Damnit, Rihanna, why do I like you right now?
1. "Someone Like You" by Adele
Sorry about your vocal folds, Adele. This song is still annoying, though, since your style of music can be played on 75% of all radio stations, and usually on 2+ stations at one time. May your vocal rest slow the release of any more R&B/Pop/Adult Contemporary albums.